Tuesday, May 22, 2007

... and time goes by...

I have so much to be grateful for. Really, I do. But is it wrong to have a pity party now and then? I went to the dentist today for my routine 6 month cleaning. Every time I go to the dentist, they ask me the same question... are you pregnant or trying to get pregnant? Once again, I answer, "Still trying." The same answer I gave them back in November. Prior to that, I took a year off from going to the dentist, just because I didn't want to be asked that question again, and give them the same, disappointing answer. I then came to my senses, and realized that I must make dental hygiene a priority!

Today was the second day of giving myself injections, to hopefully stimulate my ovaries to produce a few, but not too many, good quality follicles. Let us hope.

I realized that this time last year I was pregnant. I was hopeful. I was in love. My 3rd pregnancy lasted from the day I found out (May 8th), to the day it was confirmed that it had ended (June 6th). Here I am one year later, no further along in my journey.

I guess that really isn't completly true, though. I still don't have a baby in my arms, but I have changed as a person. I can only hope that, in the long run, it is for the better.

Perhaps by my next dentist appointment, I can tell them, "I'm finally pregnant, already!" A girl can dream!

No comments: