Sunday, December 9, 2007

Bring It

In case anyone is wondering why I'm blogging at 5:45 am EST, well it's because I've been up all night cleaning up vomit and catching up on Project Runway via Tivo.

DS is sick. The throwing-up, stomach virus type of sick. I'm not feeling that great either. I wonder if my turn is next.

My point of this post at this hour is that I love this. I love being a mom. Mind you, I know I have been so lucky with my little guy. He'll be 5 in January (OMG!), and he's had all of one ear infection in the span of his lifetime. He was never colicky as a baby. He slept through the night at 8 weeks.

He's always been one happy, easy-going, healthy boy. I'm so blessed.

So, on nights like these, I feel like I'm earning my badge of motherhood. I was actually kind of smiling as I was cleaning up puke, and tucking him back in bed. He begged me to cuddle with him... something he has been getting away from. Lately, I have to steal kisses.

I've been getting a little tired of people complaining about their babies. About how they're so sleep deprived. That the baby is so fussy, and this and that. Now trust me, if this keeps going on night after night, I sincerely doubt I will remain so perky. It was very considerate of my son to have chosen tonight to get sick, since I don't have to go to work this morning.

All this being said, I love being a mom. Even when scrubbing the bathroom floor for the second time in the middle of the night. Even when doing two loads of laundry at 4 am. Even when tucking my child in, giving him cuddles, and telling him everything is going to be OK.

So, if having another child will require harsher working conditions, crappier hours, and dealing with a disgruntled baby all day and night, I say bring it.

2 comments:

Michelle Smiles said...

Any momma who can blog about her love of being a momma at 4am after cleaning up vomit is a good momma!

Mommi Tutu said...

Good for you girl! Wanna come to my house?! We have been dealing with the vomit & poo for nearly 2 weeks now and I'm starting to reach my breaking point:)
It's wonderful to hear what a great experience you have had with your son since he was born - that is a rare thing to have such a healthy, well mannered baby. I have been very lucky in that department, too, with my twins, but they are still under a year so I'm sure there's much more in store between now and 5.
Here's wishing you luck TTC, and so sorry to hear of your miscarriages.