Thursday, December 6, 2007

Much Ado About Nothing

Please don't judge me.

My most recent miscarriage occured at home on 9/12/2007. Since I'd been through this a couple of times before, I was prepared. I knew what to do. With miscarriage #1, I had no clue. And it happened... in the bathroom... in the toilet... it was awful.

Miscarriage #2 was a missed miscarriage. Everything happened in the hospital. I was unconscious.

Miscarriage #3, I was prepared. I knew it was coming. I headed to the bathroom. I made a nice little nest of towels in my bathtub. It happened. But at least I was better prepared.

Now this was in September. I hadn't done a "deep" clean in that bathroom since that time. And what I mean by that is that there were still remnants of the miscarriage up until today. Nothing gross (give me credit people... I had cleaned the tub, toilet, sinks, etc.), but there were other subtle reminders. Certain things were seemingly frozen in time.

For instance, a pad of paper. I had scribbled down the number of my doctor's answering service. For some reason, it was still on the bathroom vanity.

My Crinone (vaginal progesterone) boxes were still out... along with my pill box with a baby aspirin, folic acid, metformin, and prenatal vitamin. All of that, and still nothing.

I also stumbled upon one of the positive pregnancy tests I had taken.

For now, I threw everything in a box in the linen closet. At least it's kind of cleaned up.

I'll have to further deal with it in the future. But for now, good enough.

3 comments:

Miss Conception said...

I am so sorry for all that you have been through and I wish, so much, that miscarriage did not affect us so deeply. I found out last week that our pregnancy was probably non-viable and am waiting for a second ultrasound to be sure.
I was wondering if you could tell me if you were still on the progesterone when you miscarried or had you stopped taking it? I keep wondering how long it will take for me to start the process of losing this baby. This is my first miscarriage after 7 years of fertility treatments.

Miss Conception said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miss Conception said...

Thanks so much, Jen, for answering my question. I guess I just kept wondering if the Crinone was preventing me from miscarrying and that I would have to stop it to begin the process. I wish I knew what was going on in there...u/s is Tuesday.
Thanks again. I'm glad to have found you as well.