Thursday, March 6, 2008

Well... that was sucky!

A few sucky things.

1) Luke got voted off American Idol tonight. I kind of knew it was coming. Frankly, he had a poor performance this week. It doesn't seem like many folks in cyberspace were pulling for him. It was nice to be rooting for someone I once knew, as it added a certain element to watching the show. I'll have to watch next week to come up with a new fav.

2) I believe Aunt Flo is on her way. Funny, I actually thought we stood a chance this cycle. Although, thinking back, I think we only did the deed once around the time I was ovulating due to DH's ebola-like virus and business travels. You think I'd have no hope left after 4 years of TTC, yet here I am still holding on. Either I'm a hopeless TTCer, or just plain stupid.

3) We had a playdate today with two of Matthew's preschool buddies. So that was THREE boys. Note to self and anyone else who might care: Do Not do playdates with an odd number of children! Somebody always gets left out... and in this case it was my boy. Oh, it broke my heart! Basically, it was my son's own fault. The other boys wanted to play Power Rangers. Matthew doesn't like Power Ranger's, and wanted to play Monster Trucks (go figure!). So the two boys played Power Rangers, and Matthew played with the trucks by himself. For the most part, he was fine with it. I tried to have him switch gears and play with the other boys, but he is a little head strong (don't know where he got that from!) His "best buddy" also made a comment about how he "doesn't like Matthew and likes Johnny (not his real name) better." Matthew stood there dumbfounded, and quickly got over it. Me, not so much! I know they are 5 years old, and have no idea the weight their actions and words have on other people. But as a mother, you might as well have torn my heart right out of my chest. Top all of this with a touch of PMS, and well, you have one nasty MaMa bear who just wants to protect her cub. Sucky.

4) Patrick Swayze has pancreatic cancer!?! I have no words.

5) We're suppose to get 12 inches of snow this weekend. Sucky, sucky, sucky.

6) I have to work this weekend. In the snow storm. Driving all over God's creation. Fun.

No comments: