Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Sweet Boy

My dear, sweet son is currently at pre-school. I get to curl up in my favorite recliner with coffee in one hand and lap-top, well, on my lap. It's a nice 2 1/2 hour break.

I had to register him for Kindergarten yesterday. Our district makes you choose between a half day (3 hours) and a whole day (7 hours) program.

Sometimes having choices is not good. I wanted to do what was best for my son.

I consulted my dear friend Google to see what he had to say. It seems as if one study says half day is a better choice, just to have another study come out a month later that says whole day is the way to go.

I consulted my (real-life) friends and family members that are elementary school teachers. Again, no one could tell me that one program was better than the other.

I was advised to do what I think is best for my son, and our family.

So, I chose the half day program.

I would be lying to you if I told you our decision had nothing to do with the fact that I might not have another child, and I want Matthew to stay little for just one more year.

Just one more year.

No comments: